Sunday 2 August 2015

Oulu, full of opportunities



Oulu, full of opportunities

A lot of foreigners in Oulu have trouble getting close to Finnish people or Finland. Well, that is at least what I have observed while studying in international programme in University of Oulu. I think I have talked more to, and spent more time with non-Finnish people than Finnish people, which brings me a lot of questions like “am I really in Finland?”. We, with my friends from different places in the world, were discussing a lot why it is so difficult to mingle with Finns. Is the wall of Finnish language too high? Are Finns too shy or are we shy? Whatever the reason is, it is true that we need to put some more efforts to get involved in Finnish society. 
 .
Everwhatgallery’s first week starts with the theme " Finland 98 ¾"
  .
It actually means a lot more to me while reminding all the feelings towards Finland. Till now, I have had lots of worries and fears about getting excluded from the Finnish society. I probably have not tried enough to get out of my comfort zone. But there are always chances and I am so happy and grateful to get this opportunity to work in Everwhatgallery. 
 .
Thanks to the city of Oulu and Whatevergroup,Antti and Antti.
.
This one month is going to be a very new experience to me.
I am learning everyday something new from Antti and Antti, the crews,us  , the artists and people who are visiting.
So far it has been a great experience and 
Oulu definitely has a big open door for everyone, wherever they come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment